Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Our BLENDer

 This was a SUPER fun activity which we have been able to repeat twice as we learn more about blends.  I saw this idea on Pinterest one day, and I just did my own spin on it.  We talked about blends for two days in large group.  Then, on the third day, I drew a blender on the board while my students drew one on their paper.  They brainstormed all the words they could think of with R blends.  I have a few examples of their work below.  Then, as they were creating their own blender- I went around and had them to write one of our brainstormed words on an index card.

This week, we followed up with L blends, and they went to town with their ideas and it was even better that the first time we did it.  I can't wait to see next week's blenders when we talk about S Blends.  FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment